EXPERTS IN TECHNOLOGY
“Without light, there is no architecture” – Glenn Merlin Johnson Inc.
“There are kinds of light: the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.” – James Thurber, US Author (1894 – 1961)
For over 30 + years, Glenn Merlin Johnson has been a pioneer of lighting artistry, dimming design and engineering systems for the luxury home market. Glenn’s delicate balance of function and aesthetic is taught and utilized by twenty-five colleges and universities nationwide by way of his publication aptly titled, The Art of Illumination: Residential Lighting Design. Johnson’s expertise is coupled with today’s proven color correct LED lighting products and full home technologies.
Glenn’s firm, Adaptive Design Group Inc. is sought out by developers worldwide for his trademarked system of lighting and wired technologies. Johnson expresses, “The design team is fundamental and that his firm along with the Architect and Interior Designer can entirely streamline the design process to ensue all aspects of the modern home are lit with unobtrusive and subtle elements.” ADG plays the role of Lighting and Technical Architects by integrating and combining the overall aesthetic of the design team’s driven concept with comprehensive drawings, specifications, and ownership approval that provide the builder with fully coordinated biddable and buildable plans. There’s no longer a desired need for a subcontractor or vendor driving design and product decisions.
As a highly skilled technical practice, ADG is moniker, “Merlin” for perfecting the experience of user driven programming methods that specialize in dimming and the picturesque environs of illumination. Glenn states, “The simplification of complex systems has been our hallmark since the inception of our firm. Our drawings and methodology are an ever-changing and ongoing process to best represent the technologies available in a way our clients can actually decipher.”
The balance of these two highly critical aspects work together, to add the Life and Soul to the home; taking both the left brain and right brain to think critically. “It’s through lighting, we define colors, accentuate volume and apply critical applications that allow for shadowing which identifies depth & form”, reveals Glenn.
The final piece of the puzzle is the science behind it all; ADG are experts in applying all other Wired Technologies that are integrated “behind the walls” and placing wireless technologies for all phone and tablet communications. Contrary to popular belief, current technology for in-home appliance and electronic integration must be wired in order to ensure privately secure encrypted tunnels with a server on the premises; placing you at the helm of your own safety. Category 5 & 6 copper will always be the most effective future proof system of any built environment. Copper and fiber are the most reliable forms of passing on receiving commands and transmitting massive amounts of two-way data with its lightning fast applications. Wireless and “app” based systems are largely one-way plug, press, and pray systems at best that are prone to hackers and failures.
Adaptive Design Group Inc. offers a full scope of services including:
- Full Electric Design – Full design and coordination of all home power needs that include service sizing, power conditioners, backup generators, lightning protection, wall outlets, car charging stations, pumps, small and large appliance connectivity.
- Dimming System Design & Programming– Full engineering of networked dimming systems to specified LED lighting drivers ensuring a full range of smoothness. ADG also develops the lighting panel schedules, thoughtful and owner coordinated keypad designs and programming functions throughout.
- Secure Full Home Network Design & Specification – Designs in Oneview Controls’ fully encrypted secure network server residing in the home linking all electronic subsystems via wired IP based proven commercial devices. All systems provide two-way communication feedback.
- Distributed Audio Design & Specification – Full design of the integrated networked and recessed surface speaker locations, specifications, zone wiring, and keypad volume co
- Distributed Video Design & Specification – Full design of network for internet televisions, flush and surface mount locations, specifications, back box wiring, and cabling.
- Security Design & Specification – Design and coordination with local security monitoring company of all networked motion sensors, door and window contacts, glass break sensors, arming and disarming keypad location, life safety heat detectors, carbon monoxide, and fire sensors.
- Cameras Design & Specification – Design and locate all networked interior and exterior camera locations that provide playback through all user interfaces via secure server recordings.
- Temperature Control (Heating, Cooling, Humidity) – This is a major missing link in homes today. ADG provides full design and network along with the mechanical contractor’s full home sensors, monitoring, and simple user interface. They also coordinate the heating, cooling, radiant, and humidity zoning throughout.
- Access Controls Doors & Gates Design Specification – Networked door and gate access controls.
- Water Leak Detection & Monitoring – An often overlooked safety and monitoring system is home interior water detection. ADG designs water monitoring valves and water bugs at key leakage locations; all sitting on the network with live alerts and messaging.
Adaptive Design Group – A force to be reckoned with in the world of lighting and technology.